Sunday, October 15, 2006

Authentic worship


Everyone has told me about the genius of Cheryl Lawrie and her alt worship creations…

On the weekend I had the pleasure (well, sort of) of experiencing something of the sort. Cheryl set up a simple sacred space using the story of Job, relating to anger with God. It is the first time I have ever cried in worship. It is, I believe, the first time worship has ever connected with what I really thought. Really. Deep in my heart.

And it hurt.

Yet it's authentic, and that's all we can ask for.
The picture above asks what are you raging about?

'Give me the courage God to say that I am angry at the world, and at you.
That things aren't all different
That you aren't different
That you are not what I need you to be

And I don't know what you can make of this.
That is all I have faith left to pray.'


Thanks Cheryl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home